Tuesday, July 01, 2008

speeding ticket

I got a speeding ticket today. I was doing 82 in an area that has been as long as I remember a 75. Well I admit, I saw the sign for 65 but I didn't slow down. I'm thankful that of all days I was caught today. Because, in that same spot traffic opened up in front of me right there last week sometime and I went fast enough to get my license pulled or at least go to court.

It was a $99 2 point ticket. He said if I was pulled over just 50ft farther in the work zone it would have been over $300. Another thing. The actual ticket was $65, but they added a $34 "fuel surcharge". If I would have known that I would have tried to get my $34 worth of fuel. He maybe spent 50 cents pulling me over. I know, I know... I don't stand a chance in a Honda Accord and my ticket would have just been higher if I went for my monies worth in that fuel surcharge.

Have a good day and drive safe. :D

8 comments:

Ben&Brit said...

Congratulations! You've just upped your insurance and added points to your driver's license!

LOL -- Sorry, just have to rub it in.

Steven said...

Ben is just jealous that he doesn't have a ticket.

Ben&Brit said...

Hey, man. I told you. I'm going to go get one tonight.

Anonymous said...

COOL!

Anonymous said...

I want one too!

Sarcastic Sally said...

I'm just surprised you didn't get one sooner... :-P

(Then again, I should probably have a few by now too...)

Tyler Weaver said...

Last night they were out in force... Ryan and I were talking and for some reason I was driving slow(only 10 over) on 25. I saw at least 6 just on our side of the highway and a couple of motorcycle cops on the overpasses Just driving from the 270 on ramp to our house. They didn't even look at me though... because like I said I was going slow.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tyler, your first DUI! :)