Sunday, October 25, 2009

Back from the grave...

I purchased a Cannon SD1200IS today so I will be posting when I get around to it to show ya'll what life is like here. I live in Room 327 on a top bunk, that is the twenty-seventh room on the third floor of the barracks. It has taken me a while to get off post privileges each weekend, but now that I have them I'll be looking for some Christian friends off post to fellowship with. The church on post is just not my cup of tea. Instead of going today I spent time with some of my buddies at the library on my computer. I read the Bible and chatted with Steven. More than anything I miss having solid christian influences around me. Because I have been forced to live with and make friends with people I would have never on the outside I have grown quite a bit but I still need some good christian fellowship.
Here is a short list of most of my class and a couple of others. Brown is a forty one year old man who is a typical good old boy. Even though he is the old man in the group he acts just as much like a kid along with the rest. He sits for hours and plays games on his game boy when he doesn't have anywhere to go. Bigler is the Mormon, he's probably the least of a goof off than any one of us. He is the "room commander" that's why there is a star by his name. I am in the top bunk over Townes, a married 27 year old who spends hundreds of hours watching annime and occasionally talking to his wife. Then there is Garza who is in the class ahead of us. He is the only phase 5+, he has a car with an approved POV(privately owned vehicle) packet. Underneath him still on the window is Dean. An eccentric person who had two skulls(one with a halo and one with horns) connected by a scroll that says "Life's Eternal Struggle" done in great detail and covering his whole chest. That was last weekend. He also has more shoes than anyone else I know and wants to have the Converse star logo put on his ankles so he will be "always be wearing his favorite shoes even barefoot." Next to him is Barron, or "Red". He is a previous heavy pot smoker and gameboy person. Every time I come in here him and dean seam to be on those things playing pokimon. Wilson is on top by the door and is the last phase four in the room. He has done everything to phase up but pass a pt test. He is the "christian"/pagan/norse Viking who is from Georgia. He has to be the most perverted 19 year old I know. Then there is Bogle, who also spends all his time playing pokimon. I still haven't figured him out yet... even though he defiantly isn't christian he tends to have a rather high sense of honor and tends to do the right thing most of the time.
This is where I sleep with my computer and box from my new camera on it. Being in the center of the room in between two sets of wall lockers I have a decent amount of privacy.
This is Schumann, the guy I spend most of my time with out of anyone in my class out on Barton field. We are running a half marathon(13.1mi) next Sunday. He is a Texas "good-ol-boy". Growing up on a thousand acre ranch he was a hunting guide and Texas A&M student before he joined the army. He intends to finish his degree and put in a OCS(Officer Candidate School) packet shortly after he returns home. He enlisted because of the college loan repayment and bonus they offered him with this job. We spend allot of time discussing all sorts of things. He is my hard competition for distinguished honor grad. I currently have a two percentage higher GPA than him. But we test out of another annex tonight.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

(He posted, I mean.)

Sarcastic Sally said...

What happened to person #7 on the chart...? Did he insult the other guys' gameboys and "get disappeared?"

Steven said...

So, when are you going to buy a gameboy and start playing Pokemon?

Good choice on the camera, I hope it works well for you.