Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Praise God

Thank you for those who prayed that I would stay on mids or swing shift. Even though the sleep schedule isn't ideal, the day schedule around here is even worse. For the instruction we receive the six hours we have each day at the school house is plenty. I think we have allot of down time on our time at the school house, the days have two hours more each day. That is two hours less for sleeping, reading, working out, etc. Our pt is later in the day from days which makes so it isn't so cold. They form up at around 0400. We form up for PT at 0745 and don't march out till usually 0830. But more than anything we get to keep our room. If I had gone to days I would have been put in a 12 man room with inacts and other days which are held to a lot lower standard. If we were moved to swings I would have had to move floors and loose my two man room. Staying on mids is exactly what I wanted.

Another subject for praise is they fixed the heating on our side of the building. Shortly before we left for exodus they said it was fixed but we never spent the night so we didn't know. When we got back it obviously wasn't fixed. Yesterday when we got back to our room it was slightly warmer. I still sleep with a skullcap on my head and fully dressed but now it's warm enough I don't wake up freezing. I am real thankful for both of these things.

Once again, thank you for praying.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

:) Glad to hear about u getting to keep the nice room and staying warmer!
Focusing on the positives, helps make the negetives seem so small!